Thursday, August 21, 2008

Out With the Old, In With the New



We had a slightly sad occasion this last month when we sold the 1st vehicle Bryan and I bought as a married couple. We said goodbye to the ol' Rodeo for no reason other than it had too little room to accommodate our growing family. We said hello to the nicest vehicle we've purchased by far.....a minivan. Yes, a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's a beauty and, although I miss our Rodeo still, I am fine in admitting that not only was I excited to buy a more family-friendly automobile, I have also loved every minute of driving I've had in it for the last week and a half! Anyone who wants to try to knock me off of my "I'm proud to drive a minivan" pedestal can just hold your tongue! You will not convince me that a bigger SUV would have been a better option, because it is just not true. Minivans were made for people with kids! This thing has enough room to easily fit my double stroller in the back, it has more than enough seating for a soon-to-be family of 5 w/ friends, the kids can maneuver from front to back without smearing mud all over the middle row of seats, and it has storage compartments in the floor for kid gear/seats that are not in use/those children who choose to not listen to or obey the driver of the car! I love my minivan. Some of you may understand and others of you probably will some day!

4 comments:

Meliss said...

Ha ha! That is a great use for the storage compartments! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice wheels! Oh the kids the so cute, can you e-mail me a copy of that pic? Miss You guys!

Julie said...

hi meaghen! i'm so glad to see that you've started a blog - we miss you all out there. we just got a minivan too, but it's taking me a little longer to love it. =) your kids are so cute - and grady is looking so much older than when we left!

Anonymous said...

That van looks very familiar to me.... Have I seen one before?